Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Math Counting Activity

It’s carnival week at school and we needed a counting activity that could go along with our theme. This simple art/math activity is great for little learners. gumballWhat to prep: I cut out 7 inch white circles for our “glass bowl” part. Then I used a small circle cutter punch (1 inch) to make the colored gumballs. I then cut red trapezoids for the base and a small red rectangle for the top. We glued on the name strips to the top. I also printed out a small label that says “I can count ________ gumballs” This label allows that student to insert the number of gumballs they have on their sheet. IMG_0104First, each student had to glue on different colored gumballs to their white circle. Then, they wrote their names at the top with a pencil.IMG_0103 For independent play, I called each student over for their one-on-one time to count their gumballs and trace their number. Remember to show students how to count using one-to-one correspondence, an early math skills that will ensure accuracy when counting. IMG_0027We had to hang ours in the hallway cause they were so colorful and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment