Monday, August 24, 2015

Chevron Classroom Reveal 2015

It’s a brand new school year and we are busting at the seams with lamination sheets, die cut letters, and new pocket charts! This year, I decided to go with a patterned/color scheme. I absolutely LOVE chevron---so that was a must and I incorporated poppy red, granny smith green, and turquoise into everything throughout the room. I tried not to go overboard with the chevron, but just add in accents of the colors with labels, ribbon, and hanging lanterns.welcomeLeft Photo: Our Classroom door welcoming in the 16 new students I will have as Butterflies! I printed each of their photos into a colored mason jar and typed their names on the bottom.

Right Photo: This is one of our dictation walls that we are required to have for A.P.P.L.E. Each child has their own butterfly clip that is attached to the wall. When we complete a dictation piece, usually based on the theme, we hang them up as a writing/language display. We often switch this area out once a month. lanternLeft Photo: I found some wonderful turquoise chevron lanterns on Oriental Trading for $8 (6pk) so I had to grab them up. I also found mini red and green ones in the Target dollar bin for only a dollar---who could resist?

Right Photo: This is a mini bulletin board that we made into our Classroom Job Helpers. We only use a few job helpers and just rotate the students out so everyone gets to be each job at least once throughout the year. Our class jobs include: Line Leader, Door Holder, Chair Stackers (a boy and a girl), Light Switcher, Teacher Helper, Lunch Helper, Book Picker, Calendar Helper, and Caboose.birthday center and foldersLeft Photo: I didn’t want to take up an entire wall just for birthdays, so I decided to use a small wall next to our door to include all of the birthdays under each month. I took a photo of each student and will place it under the month in which they were born.

Center Photo: I searched everywhere for center labels that included the specific skills we are working on in that center and could never find cute ones that I wanted to display---so, I had to make them. I included the center name and then four or five skills specific to that center.

Right Photo: Our student folder pocket chart is located in our parent communication center. These are file folders with each child’s name, where their artwork will be placed to take home. center label tpt

Did you know that our Children Center Labels are available on Teachers Pay Teachers?

reveal1Left Photo: This is our location board (located next to our door outside) We change it whenever we leave the classroom to help parents locate us in case of early pick-up or late drop-offs.

Right Photo: We use these table caddies for small group art activities and morning work that requires cutting or pasting.

IMG_0001

I found this adorable sign in Target and I LOVED the colors so I had to get it for my teacher inspiration board.

No comments:

Post a Comment