Saturday, April 4, 2015

DIY Easter Patterning Cards

easter pattern header

I always like to include a patterning pack to my manipulative center each month. I have been on the hunt for a great Easter color patterning set, but have not been able to find one that I really like. If all else fails. . .make your own, right? Ok so NEW product alert!

image

Well, I started with these adorable Easter bunnies from Creative Clips and they are wonderful because the graphics come in different colors and black and white to save on ink. So, I bought the clipart and began putting them in a cute little bundle you can get HERE. If you decide to use our Easter Bunny Pattering Pack, it comes with the pattern cards in color and black & white as well as the bunnies to cut out.

Here is what you will need. . .

  • A printer, who can choose to print in either color or black and white (to color your own)
  • White Cardstock
  • Lamination Sheets and Laminator
  • Scissors
  • Velcro Dots or Magnetic Tape

Step One: Print out the patterns you like. This packet includes ABA, ABB, and ABC patterns. Cut them out if you would like individual strips or leave alone if you want a worksheet style.

aba pattern easter

I personally printed the ones in black and white and had the students make their own patterns. I cut them into strips and they got to color in each bunny using an ABA pattern because we are still working on introducing pattern types.

0318150820a

Step Two: Laminate either the strips or the worksheet. I suggest if you keep it as a worksheet, use an expo marker for students to write their own names.

0318151443a

Step Three: Print out the extra bunny cards to cut out and laminate for them to place in the question mark box to complete the pattern.

I hope your enjoy them just in time for Spring!

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

No comments:

Post a Comment