Friday, November 11, 2016

Absences and Art Education

I first want to start off by apologizing to all my blog readers out there, I am sorry for being MIA that last few months. Several of you have emailed about new Teachers Pay Teachers products and when they will be posted online. I will answer all those questions shortly, but first I wanted to explain my absence.

I recently switched school’s this year and am now teaching at a private school. I went from teaching Early Childhood to a much larger school that includes Pre-K 3 all the way up to 8th. The last few months, I have been a fish out of water trying to work out my scheduling, planning, lesson plans, and course work, so blogging has taken a massive back seat to my new role.

I am also adjusting to new curriculum, as I go from teaching all core subjects to teaching a specialty class----wait for it…. ART!

I have never been a very artistic person, however I took several art history classes in college and absolutely LOVED every one of them.

When, I was first assigned to teach art, my principal was very energetic and one hundred percent supportive (Did I mention, our teaching team rocks?) She has really given me the freedom to be creative with lesson plans and projects, that I have learned more about teaching in the last 3 months than I did in all my education classes in preparation to becoming a teacher.

So, the research began. I knew the basic artists (Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Matisse, van Gogh, Monet, etc.) along with the elements and principles of design, but how can I teach a Biblical World View ---we are a Christian based private school---perspective and incorporate it into the core of my art curriculum?

What were the curriculum results?

A massive series of art packets which dives into the basic elements and principles of art, art history, works of art, and individual artists viewpoints. Each of these art packets will be available for purchase in my TpT store starting in December. Each unit packet includes a pdf overview with teacher notes, a project based activity for grades Kindergarten to eighth, and a unit review sheet, take home projects, printable tests, quizzes and more!

Each packet will also be included in a BUNDLE in January for a discounted price, so you can save BIG! Take a look at all the packets below:

Elements of Art Packets:

form

($17.50) Art Elements and Principles Bundle will include: Color, Shape, Lines, Forms, Texture, Value, and Space packets-each priced at $3 individually. All packets have a pdf file with teacher notes and presentation slides for the classroom, an art project for grades Kindergarten through Middle School (8th), quizzes, tests, and Art Interactive Notebook (AIN) worksheets.

Da vinciCezannepollockgoghkandinskyOkeeffe

($5 each, or a growing bundle starting at $18) Individual Artists Packets will include: Artists Biography, Art Interactive Notebook (AIN) worksheets based on each artists, examples of their works, an art project for grades Kindergarten through Middle School (8th), quizzes and tests with answer keys. Some artists packets also include a separate take home project for upper elementary and middle school grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment